Grup Servicii Petroliere - Salvage Tug Engineering Support
A navy tug in Izmir, Turkey capsized during the undocking from a floating dry-dock. The dock was brought above water with a capsized tug in the dock.
GSP has contracted our sister company Offshore Independents to execute the following scope of work:
- Assist GSP with a bid to salvage the tug without doing further damage to the tug and the dock with the use of GSP’s sheerleg Neptun.
- Preparation of a method statement (in consultancy with a salvage specialist) to:
- par buckle the tug
- secure the tug and the dock
- remove the tug afloat from the dock
- repair it at any convenient location.